Katie is a Chartered Doctor of Psychology with a background spanning over 16 years…
Katie is a Chartered Doctor of Psychology with a background spanning over 16 years in the domain of professional psychology and education. After completing her degree in psychology, she became a clinical research assistant and postgraduate tutor at Cardiff University’s School of Psychology. In this role, she conducted empirical research trials in addition to writing a paper on the ‘Temperamental Differences among Infants and Methods of Assessment’. Following the completion of her Masters in Psychology, she took on the position of Seminar Leader and Lecturer in Organisational Psychology and Statistics at Cardiff University’s Business School.
Katie studied for her Post Graduate Certificate in Education and worked as a primary school teacher for two years prior to completing her Doctorate in Educational Psychology. Katie worked as an Educational Psychologist in Training (EPiT ) for Wrexham, Bristol and Gloucestershire Local Authorities (LAs), over a three year period. She worked as a qualified Educational Psychologist for Gloucestershire Educational Psychology Service for ten years, before setting up her private consultancy practice.
Katie is passionate about sharing her vision for early intervention and inclusion for all children and young people. Her professional work demonstrates the highest ethical standards, genuine respect for the welfare of her service users and a robust understanding of the latest research and evidenced based therapeutic approaches. Improving outcomes and well-being for all children, young people and families remains Katie’s upmost important goal.
Katie is a mum of two and lives in the Cotswolds. She is an advocate for the restorative benefits of yoga, meditation, mindfulness and long walks in the countryside.
Qualifications & Professional Memberships
- Chartered Psychologist (CPsychol) with The British Psychological Society (BPS): 421104
- Registered Practitioner Psychologist with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC): PYL27871
- Doctor of Educational Psychology (DEdPsy)
- MSc Psychological Research Methods with Distinction
- BSc Hons Degree in Psychology
- Certificate in Jungian Sandplay Therapy (Association of Sandplay Therapy, AST)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Education – Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) in Primary Studies (PGCE)
- Member of the BPS Division of Educational and Child Psychologists
- Criminal Records Bureau CRB, Enhanced Certificate Disclosure Number: 00156306041
- Data Protection Registration – Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) Register of Data Controllers: A8257849
- Professional Indemnity Insurance